Monday, August 27, 2007

Twelve Who Must Need To Require Bathe*

I spent part of the weekend looking at foreign films. I like all kinds of foreign films--not just the ones featuring, say, Evelin in that epic picture "Budapest Booboolas." And I really like foreign films subtitled by non-native English speakers. Examples, from Hong Kong chop-sockies:
  • "I am damn unsatisfied to be killed in this way."
  • "Fatty, you with your thick face have hurt my instep."
  • "A normal person wouldn't steal pituitaries."
  • "How can you use my intestines as a gift?"
And my favorite: "You always use violence. I should've ordered glutinous rice chicken."

(* "Twelve Who Must Need To Require Bathe": is the translated title of the Lee Marvin film "The Dirty Dozen")

3 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Good Monday morning to you, Nigel !

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger Deech said...

Nigel,

You have got to get your hands on a copy of Kung Pow...That movie is the epitomy of bad Chinese action, Kung Fu flicks...Funny as hell!

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger doctor chip said...

D12 was written for John Wayne to play the lead role.


he declined, so they got Lee Marvin. lucky for us.

he made that movie great (one of my favorites).

yup.

"zfrsmei"

B-O

---------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home