Saturday, August 18, 2007

This CANNOT be for real....right?

I don't know what to make of this site: Bullet Proof Baby. Type in the url and a video begins that's a product "test" of a bullet-proof stroller. It features a baby being put into the stroller--then, mom proceeds to shoot the shit out of it with a machine gun. Baby emerges unharmed. Someone wanna call the Child Protection authorities, maybe?

This site offers all kinds of bullet-proof baby items including the charming "My First Riot Helmet" pictured above left. btw, it's "sold out".

As far as the weapons go, I am the world's biggest 2nd Amendment fan. I love guns and own a ton of them and, for example, think Sigarms is the coolest goddamm company in the world. I think private ownership of weapons serves a real purpose. But the use of weapons on this bullet proof baby site was too much for even me (to say nothing of the legality of owning and firing a machine gun? Last I checked that's a federal no-no).

A little help? Is this real? What do you think of it?

8 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

The first thought that comes to mind is Endangering the wellfare of a child.
Just what if the troller wasn't all that bullet proof?

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

I forgot the s

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger La Sirena said...

It sounds like a spoof to me, but perhaps I'll do some research.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger La Sirena said...

Yeah, it's DEFINITELY a joke site. All products are out of stock (except t-shirts) -- even the camo bib -- and did you see the freaking logo??? It's a baby silhouette (sp?) but the baby's head is a magazine cartridge.

That could be my favorite part.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

My 3 legged strollie, the "jogger" kind even though you couldn't pay me to fucking "jog"....it's got a perpetual flat...So I really could use one of those bullet proof trollers w/an s....I really could.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

What in hell is a changapeluda?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

changa is a girl monkey
peluda means lotsa hair....



it crosses the border of sexy straight into a kinda silly
wildness, i like to think.

:o]

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger none said...

So you're a hairy little monkey girl? Hmmmm, I think I'm in love!!

Back to the site - I wan't the Battle Stroller to be put into production, and the chemical suit could be reversed and placed on the kids lower 1/2 - to protect parents from the toxic emissions babies produce.

Love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home