Tuesday, January 27, 2009

To think about loss....how?

Seems to me that there are different ways to think about loss. As in, you lose something--then, how do you react? I weigh in:
  • Lose my car keys. Momentary inconvenience punctuated by mucho swearing and gnashing of teeth. On the loss scale, I'd say about a 4, mostly because you're ready to move on to the next destination and this bump in the road slows ya down.
  • Lose my job. Unfortunately, the thing many people are experiencing right now. In 99% of publicly traded companies, this is driven by you and me; shareholders, who as douchebags do, demand returns inaccessible by the average capitalist these days, and so force the layoffs. We, the smegmatic butt-munchers out here, are to blame.
  • Lose my teeth. I live in the South, shlubbies; this is to be expected over time. Jimmy Carter, our ex-President and current idiot-savant, doesn't have a tooth in his mouth he was born with. Enough said.
  • Lose my best friend. Incalculable, particularly as I love talking to the person involved, and love being around her. She just...gets me. Inconsolable result, and I miss her more than I can say.
Here, shlubbies, is my essay du jour. Buf my scrotum if you don't like it.

1 Comments:

At 10:28 PM, Blogger Frequent Traveler said...

Who was your best friend and what happenned ? I'd like to hear it from your point of view - and also from hers. Enquiring nosy minds want to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home