Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Question of the Day

As I was sitting on the roof deck at work today, a thought occurred to me.

Which was: what's it like to be a Bee Gee in 2009?

Does Barry Gibb wake up every day humming "How Deep Is Your Love?" from that Saturday Night fever movie? Does he stand in front of the bathroom mirror combing what's left of his hair and, staring at his image, say things like "thank God, I could be Leo Sayer?" Above left, Barry quite hairy, and above right, Barry today. Scary, huh?

And how about the ugly one--Robin Gibb? What's his life like today? Tooling around Miami with the windows down, blasting the radio, cupping his ear with his hand while hoping someone will notice him and maybe give him a job? There he is at left...either on the phone, or trying like hell to figure out the harmony to "Massachusetts".

And while we're at it, what happened to all their old bell-bottomed, sequined clothes? I have an image of some skinny homeless guy somewhere, wandering around looking like Elvis circa 1977, because he picked up one of the late Maurice Gibbs' jumpsuit spandex thingies at the Goodwill.

I worry about the Bee Gees. Really, I do.

5 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember all the girls going out with guys who looked like the Bee Gees or even Eddie Van Halen.

Now looking at these dudes and how bad they aged..I mean you know they are bad when they make Keith Richards look good...I laugh my ass off and wonder if these chicks would still date these guys?

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Dan O. said...

It worries me that you know the Bee Gee's names.

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Frequent Traveler said...

You are the keeper of the Bee-Gee's flame :)

 
At 5:37 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

LOL. My son likes a couple of their song (he's 20), and I'm worried ;-)

Here's one of the other Gibbs I found on the instanet:

http://www.americanmidolblog.com/images/barry-gibb-caveman.jpg

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

Call me crazy but i see a bit of Hillary Clinton in Barry today pic?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home