Tuesday, November 11, 2008

With age, comes....age!

"Age doesn't always bring wisdom. Sometimes, age shows up all by itself."

That's about right! As I got older, I thought I'd get smarter, that the mysteries of life would clear. Instead, things are murkier than ever. But even so, there are a few little gems floating around that have crystallized for me.

So, as I ponder the nature of existence, here are some things I realize now to be true:
  • If marriage were outlawed, only outlaws would have in-laws.
  • Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever.
  • In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.
  • Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand.
  • Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
That last one, that's a good one. And with the economy in the shitter and the job situation more precarious every day, I've decided to open a new business: online massage therapy.

I should make a million, dontcha think?

3 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Dan O. said...

Get paid for telling people how to touch themselves. I'm pretty sure that's been done.

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

Dude..funny fuckin' post! And it ain't the Brugal rum talking, neither ;-)

I recommend a regular Dear Nigel (a la Dear Abby) piece. That could be mucho fun. Maybe start a separate blog just for that.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Deech said...

ROTFLMAO! Nigel, I am stealing the last one....OMG! That's fuckin funny!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home