Monday, October 27, 2008

A really hot wedding!

A funny story today, about a Japanese bridegroom who set fire to the hotel where the wedding was scheduled...figuring that if the hotel went up in flames, he wouldn't have to get married.

I think it was Henny Youngman who first said this: "I didn't realize how happy I was until I got married...but by then, it was too late." I agree, completely.

My first wife bugged out about 30 days after the ceremony, having met some other guy. Found out that she was tripping on acid during the wedding, too -- that was some kind of sign, I guess, but I didn't know this till after she was gone.

Second wife threw me out as soon as she got pregnant, which was 6 weeks after our wedding. I have a son as a result of our holy union, and that's the only good thing. The rest is an unholy mess.

So, if setting fire to the hotel got the guy out of his marriage, I say more power to him. He'll probably spend a few years in jail as a result, but that's way better than a lifetime in hell.

3 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Deech said...

The Preacher asked her and she said, "I Do"

The Preacher asked me, and she said, "He does too!"

The Preacher said, "I pronounce you 99 to life."

"Son, she's no lady, she's your wife!"

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Frequent Traveler said...

maybe he should have figured this out BEFORE he put an engagement ring on her finger.

Idiot, A lot of people had to move out of that hotel that nigth because of one inconsiderate, immature assclown.

Other than THAT, I'm sure he's a really nice guy.

Next time, I'll tell you what I really think and not hold back with such subtlety :)

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Karen said...

"I didn't realize how happy I was until I got married...but by then, it was too late"....OMG classic. Almost as good as good old Moe..."Are you married, or happy ?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home