Tuesday, February 03, 2009

My birthday lunch

People have asked: how was your birthday Sunday? Answer: just fine, thanks. Nice and quiet. Without much in the way of plans, and solo, I hied myself in search of the perfect birthday lunch. And I found the perfect place.

I treated myself at my new favorite restaurant here in Atlanta: The Heart Attack Grill. This magnificent establishment advertises itself as the "Home of the Double By-Pass Burger" and it's positioning statement is "Taste worth dying for!"...so, it's perfect for li'l ol' me.

Instead of the Double By-Pass Burger, I opted for their "Bad Cholesterol Elevator" daily special. This consisted of 3 greasy, yummy, 1/2 pound each patties smothered in four kinds of cheese and then baked, with french fries included in what amounted to a huge pile of goo, in a casserole dish. Add four Guinness Stouts and voila! It's off the to ER for some open heart massage and an extended stay in critical care.

What a great birthday! Wish you could have joined me!

2 Comments:

At 4:09 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

wow! i heart a good bout of over indulgence


i saw a dorky white newsguy cover that story/establishment.
did ya get served up by a sexy
"nurse"?

and also was there a gurney involved?

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Karen said...

sorry I missed it :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home