Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Changes at Home Dept; Lowe's, here I come.

Glad to see that this Robert Nardelli character is out at the Home Depot. As CEO, he'd brought over all that Jack Welch GE horseshit, including Six Sigma ("Sigma", from the Latin meaning to "search in vain for someone in an orange apron to assist me in the goddamm store").

And his exit package is about equivalent to the GNP of Ghana. Bastard.

Here's the problem at Home Depot: the stores suck, they're badly lit, and most importantly you can never never ever find anyone to help. Plus, their "you can do it; we can help" slogan is patent flim-flammery, to wit: I have the mechanical aptitude of a soapdish (lie #1, "you can do it") and there's no one to wait on you in the store (lie #2, "we can help"). See previous rant about THD here.

Get someone in there running Big Orange who cares about the customer, and I'll go back. Until then, Home Depot can buff my scrotum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home