Monday, September 17, 2007

An homage to Monday

With apologies to William Wordsworth, that phlegmatic drunken sot, here's my Monday morning back to work little ditty. Let's join hands and sing it together, shall we ? (To the tune of "I've got a loverly bunch of coconuts.")

Another week to work I shlep,
Another week of body prep.
Fix and primp the ones who've died,
While breathing in formaldehyde.

I put them in their coffin clothes,
While vaseline's stuck up my nose.
Their lips are sewn up tight you see,
Which means they cannot talk to me.

I like that part the most, it's true,
No nagging, whining, "hey screw you!"
There are some times it's not much fun,
And that's when Nigel's demons come.

But when I get depressed I think,
Fuck it all, let's have a drink.

10 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I am so jealous of you.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Why? Because of my obvious Walt Whitman poetic talent? It can't be my good looks....

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Chalice said...

**raising a glass and lighting a lighter**

Here! HERE!!! :)

Nicely spoken...

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Twit said...

Cheers ¦:¬þ



(Word Verification: dikcke)

 
At 3:21 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

Let's open the whiskey
although it is risky
I am so damned thirsty
I'll never go home.

Well done, Nigel. I'll telepathically toast you at approximately 5 pm.

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Chalice, twit, la sirena--I will have a drink for all of you later this evening....Romana Sambuca, nectar of the gods. 3 large shots. And 1 for Molly, too. If you don't love black licorice, you kin fuggeddabboutit.....

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

Do you drink it outta the snifter with a coffee bean?

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger doctor chip said...

I smell dead people...


"xktydi"


B-@

-------

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

La Sirena: nope, no beans. Beans are for luck and I don't believe in luck. So, I just drink it straight.

Doc: good to hear from ya!!

 
At 10:34 AM, Blogger none said...

I used to get visited by my demons, now I take them out on the piss and they leave me alone until their hangover has worn off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home