Monday, October 08, 2007

Gaints-Jets game

An uncomfortable experience yesterday.

I was at an invited gathering, watching the Giants-Jets with a bunch of (all white) guys, all New Yorkers, beer flowing--and suddenly the host starts with the "n-word" this and the "n-word" that when referring to the black players. Comments about body odor and "go back to the zoo"...you get the drift. Others join in. Then come the racist jokes. This goes on and on. I'm sitting there stunned, staring at the plasma TV, not responding or looking at these guys while they whoop it up.

Look, I'm not naive nor am I inexperienced, but I gotta tell you, when I lived in the deep South I NEVER heard talk like this. NEVER. Maybe people who knew me knew how much I hated that KKK krapola, so perhaps they avoided saying anything in front of me. Who knows?

I couldn't get out of there fast enough...seems I had a sudden attack of diarrhea and unless the Grand Kleagle wanted me to shit all over his NY Giants collectible couch cover, well, hell, I needed to leave. Cracker asshole.

6 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Good Monday morning to you, Nigel. Their bad manners are inexcusable. I can not only undrestand why you left, I commend you for not waving your middle finger as you did so.
Shame that they weren't more civilized so that you could have all enjoyed watching the game...

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

Sorry you had a bad day Nige.
The next time you get invited to a football party make sure neither the Jets or the Giants are involved.
You'll find less morrons in attendance.


some folk just hadn't ought be allowed to watch sports.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Different strokes for different folks.

Guess you won't be going there any more to watch the game.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

Poor Smeggie - but you're right. I grew up in NJ and heard this crap all of the time. Been here in GA for 10 years and never heard it again.

Sure a jist, a joke here and there covering all races/orientations and blondes.

It's the blonde jokes that really burn me up. It's high time I start litigating peeps for it.

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

errr, ummmmmm.....

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger John said...

nike air max
cheap soccer shoes
canada goose outlet
ray ban sunglasses
the north face jackets
hollister outlet
toms shoes
chanel bags
uggs outlet
louis vuitton
ugg boots
ugg boots
uggs boots
fitflops sale clearance
michael kors outlet
retro jordans
adidas originals
giuseppe zanotti sneakers
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet
nike air huarache
instyler curling iron
nike air max
ray ban outlet
oakley sunglasses
gucci outlet
louis vuitton
ugg boots
ugg australia
louis vuitton handbags
ugg boots sale
michael kors outlet
louis vuitton bags
ugg boots
ugg clearance
ugg boots
nike air max
polo ralph lauren
20151225yuanyuan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home