Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Wide World of Sports

What with the "World" Series (don't tell that to Japan or Taiwan or Cuba) underway, it's time for the coveted Nigel Athlete Glorification Awards. And the NAGs go to the following -- the quotes are real, by the way:
  • Andre Dawson, of the Cubs, on being a role model: "I want all them kids to do what I do, to look up to me. I want all the kids to copulate me."

  • Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, John Jenkins: "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."

  • Chuck Nevitt, NC State, explaining to his coach why he appears distracted and nervous during practice: "My sister's having a baby and I don't know whether I'm going to be an uncle or an aunt."

  • Bum Phillips, football coach, when asked by Bob Costas why he took his wife on all his road trips: "Because she's too damn ugly to kiss goodbye."

6 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

"The only reason I don't like playing in the World Series is I can't watch myself play."
-Reggie Jackson

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Blue Sky Hunter said...

Oh Jesus Christ. Thems funny.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger Chalice said...

"Every hitter likes fastballs, just like everybody likes ice cream. But you don't like it when someone's stuffing it into you by the gallon. That's what it feels like when Nolan Ryan's thrown balls by you." ~Reggie Jackson

Great quotes!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger DoneCheap DoneRight PC said...

I know this may be bias but I like what Chalice had to say about Nolan Ryan in Reggie's quote because I used to be a big Nolan fan...As well as a big baseball fan and sadly somewhere along the way I lost my patience but I think I could gain it back with a good day at the park....

Those were some great quotes btw and I remember you coming to visit me b4 at BBU but it has been a while so I am adding you as we speak and will be back repeatedly so get ready for the raw math of a truly dumbametician...

Later Nigel...

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

Those are fucking great!

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger none said...

And now you know why those guys all got sport scholarships at school.

Futards anyone?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home