Monday, November 05, 2007

Hooray for Lowe's

My fridge failed Friday. Fuck!

Quick, into emergency mode as the beer and vodka and gin and white wine and tequila and Jameson's and other essentials started to go all warm on me. It's off to Lowe's Saturday to buy a new fridge!

Now, I refuse to buy anything at Home Depot because you can't get anyone to wait on you (all the orange apron people are so very busy talking to each other; they don't have time to deal with us annoying customers). That plus their irritating, lying ad campaign "you can do it we can help" which is patent b.s. on the face of it. I can't do it and they won't help. So there.

Anyhow, Lowe's. I'm waited on by somebody who looked exactly like Hunter S. Thompson. I mean, exactly. Since Hunter S. Thompson is long dead, having ventilated his cranium courtesy of Colt back in 2005, this was a bit unnerving. Nevertheless, within 20 minutes I'd secured a Whirlpool (at popular prices!) and arranged delivery for Sunday.

They showed up on time, no fuss, no muss, and my new double door stainless thingamabob is working all charming, like. And the vodka is chilling back down as we speak.

Success. Buy Lowe's stock. Screw Home Depot.

6 Comments:

At 12:26 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

I'm not sure which is weirder ... being waited on by Hunter S. Thompson because he's dead OR being wiated on by Hunter S. Thompson in Lowe's fer chrissake...

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

I'm with you on Home Depot. They suck supremely.

I couldn't give away $2,300 a couple of years ago. I wanted a fancy schmancy atrium door and the fucks couldn't get the order right. Being a stickler for detail (and the one forking over the $), I wanted to know every intricate detail regarding the door before it was ordered. Even sadder than the fact that they couldn't process an order in their own system is the fact that I had to call the door vendor myself to get answers to many of my questions. The fucks. Read about it here.

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Deech said...

Good for you Nigel! Hey glad it worked out for you. I am waiting for my fridge to go...I think I will take your advice.

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

La Sirena: the guy looked 100% like HST, it was bizarre.

Carlos: I read your story and I agree. Fuck HD.

FlyinFox SAT: good advice, yes, at least I think so. Also, Lowe's delivers their own stuff, unlike HD. Not bad!

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Pavel Chekov said...

Putting Jameson on ice is a sin against nature. Take that shit out of the new fridge-uh-raider and enjoy it at room temperature the way god intended.

Have to agree with the Home Depot thing. Those people are like city workers. I should know, being a city worker and all.

 
At 4:13 AM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Pavel Chekov: the Jameson on ice thing I agree with. I don't drink it that way, over cubes. However, I do like it chilled...so it goes in the fridge, and is taken out to be consumed liberally and straight up, no ice.

I appreciate your concern regarding my libations and I and what's left of my liver thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home