Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Aw, jeez, it's Hallo-goddamm-ween again...

Happy Halloween, you bastards.

People say to me: "Nigel, you're such an asshole. But even more so beginning this time of year. Why is that?" Here's why: I hate the holiday season, which kicks off now and continues apace and ad nauseum 'til January 2nd.

Here's a brief rundown of the lowlights of the season de mon point de vue:
  • Halloween: I don't dress up. I scare people just when they look at me (see profile picture, top right--that's me). I don't answer the door at my house Halloween night, at all.
  • Thanksgiving: don't celebrate it; don't have much to be thankful for. No dinner or "family", thank God. Football only, all day long.
  • Christmas: don't celebrate it; don't bother. No tree. Can't wait 'til 12/26 when it's all over and we are no longer assaulted with Christmas music everywhere we go.
  • New Year's: stay at home, quietly, and go to bed early.
And there you have it! So get out there and enjoy yourself, shlubbie. I know I will!

8 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

Yeah...I'm not much a fan of the holidays, only because I don't like all the fucking work involved in it. Fortunately, our Thanksgiving will be SMALL this year - Dinner for five, as opposed to the 15 guests we had last year. Total fucking suckage.

 
At 9:41 AM, Blogger Chalice said...

I hate the holidays.. They annoy me but I cannot tell a lie... I LOVE HALLOWEEN!!! But only because of the movies...

 
At 2:32 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

Happy Halloween! I'm sorry if it isn't fun for you. Personally, I think this world needs more costumes and more parties.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger doctor chip said...

OH, MY.....

La Sirena is RIGHT!

more costumes! more parties!

yo, Nige, ol' buddy, ol' pal... seems to me that YOU AND YOU ALONE are in a position to remedy your malaise...
... of course, I'm speaking of the deads, no?
YES!
it's "Trick or Treat" for a reason... see, once upon a time, it was okay to TRICK people on the Hallow Mass. yup.
so, come on, grab a handful of Rice Crispy Treats, and a gallon of Sambuca, and ...

... well...

LIBERATE THE DEADS, NIGEL! LIBERATE THE DEADS!!

YOU KNOW THEY WANT IT!
THEY'RE BORED IN THE MORGUE!

string 'em up, just like a batch 'O' marionettes, and have yourself a little old puppet-show, at the expense of your very own neighborhood youth-- soiling their underage, begging-for-candy-assed pantalones!!

you bet. I'm glad I could help, my friend.

lemme know how things turn out...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

yup.

"snckrsbar"

B-)

--------------------

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Blue Sky Hunter said...

Normally I like the Holidays. But this year I'm with ya. Just not feeling it.

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger Twit said...

Halloween: Not a big deal for me. I just rolled a 'fat-one' & watched that film with Jamie Lee Curtis..
(what's it called again?).

Thanksgiving: We don't have that here.

Christmas: I can't help myself - I like it. Especially if it snows.

New Year's: I stay in (these recent years) - All the bars are packed with amateur drinkers anyway -Horrendous!

 
At 1:44 AM, Blogger Pavel Chekov said...

You just ruined Sweet Baby Jeebus' Birthday for me.

 
At 3:22 AM, Anonymous Obat Penambah Berat Badan said...

Thank you for joining us. his article is very helpful

Obat Maag Alami
Obat Keputihan Alami
Cara Mengobati Hematuria
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Kista
Cara Mengobati Sesak Napas Alami
Cara Mengobati Penyakit Gagal Jantung

 

Post a Comment

<< Home