Friday, November 30, 2007

I fought the law, and I won. Goddammit.

As you know, I am an asshole. But I am, more importantly, a law abiding asshole:
  • Good news from the legal eagles at Dewey, Cheatham, & Howe: charges are dropped so long as I pay for Broomhilda's ER visit and agree to leave her alone forever. Both of these: no problemo. So I'm off the hook..
  • Speaking of legal stuff, the lawyer I hired was the least dynamic person in the history of jurisprudence. Talking to the guy, you thought he was dead. I kept waiting for William Petersen, Marge Helgenberger, and the other cast members of CSI to come bursting out of his office closet and draw his outline in chalk.
  • Lawyering. What a terrible way to make a living. Tom Hanks once said that he would never want to be a lawyer, because it would be like doing homework for a living. I thought my job sucked occasionally, but after spending a few hours there, I was ready to turn my Sig P229 on myself and splatter the oh-so-hushed hallways of the law firm with Nigel brains. Jeez.
  • I'm off to celebrate! Well, not too much, because of the stroke and all, but I am allowing myself to have three shots of Sambuca and a slice of pumpkin pie.
Have a fabtabulous weekend, shlubbies.

6 Comments:

At 1:18 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Glad that the charges were dropped, Nigel !

You made me laugh with the lawyer/law office descriptions :)

 
At 2:51 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

Hooray!!!

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

You deserve the three shots of Sambuca and Pumpkin pie!!! That is moderation my friend ;)

I hope your next nurse is female, hot, naughty (in a good way, short skirt and no panties) and has big beautiful breastesess!!!

Glad the legal ordeal is over and turned out well.

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

Nice. Sambuca, pie and a pantiless, hot, naughty nurse. What more could a man ask for?

 
At 10:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I can only express a word of thanks. Because with the content on this blog I can add knowledge I, thank has been sharing this information. Do not forget to visit our website to share information and knowledge about health.
daftar produk herbal terbaru
manfaat herbal g-sea
cara mengobati sakit kepala
manfaat herbal g-sea

 
At 4:27 AM, Blogger Lutfi Kurniawan said...

Thank you, for getting something new and saluting the originality of this story, hopefully useful, so that life is more useful and useful for others

Cara Mengobati Cacar Air Agar Cepat Kering Dan Sembuh Tanpa Bekas
Cara Mengatasi Nyeri Ulu Hati Dan Perut Kembung Yang Terbukti Ampuh
Obat Gatal Pada Kemaluan Yang Terbukti Ampuh Dan Efektif
Cara Menurunkan Kolesterol Tinggi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home