Friday, November 23, 2007

English soccer: "my penis is a mountain"

England's soccer team was eliminated by Croatia Wednesday night during the preliminaries for the 2008 European Championship. The loss caused mass panic and inadvertent, unplanned teeth brushing and flossing all across the U.K. But that's not the best part of the story.

Opera singing Brit Tony Henry has become a Croatian hero for mispronouncing a line in the country's national anthem as he sung it before the game.

Instead of singing Mila kuda si planina - "You know my dear how we love your mountains" - Henry thundered Mila kura si planina, or "My dear, my penis is a mountain".

This evidently delighted Croatian players Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric, who were seen "grinning at each other" at the gaffe, and fans claim the slip helped relax the team before its 3-2 victory.

6 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Constance said...

ha-ha-ha ! That was good, Nigel !

How are you feeling today ?

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

loving annie, I still have a headache and the medication they've got me on makes me both sleepy and horny. Neither of which is good. Sleepy interferes with my drinking, and horny interferes with my completely celibate lifestyle.

Sigh.

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Twit said...

At least it will stop the English 'fans' from embarrassing us again (with their traditional violence) in Euro-2008.

BTW: I bet I've got better teeth than you¦;¬)

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

"caused mass panic and inadvertent, unplanned teeth brushing and flossing"

LOL! Funny post!

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Funny stuff indeed.

Sorry your head still hurts and now your horny too.

Maybe "Broomhilda" can help you out ;P

 
At 6:11 PM, Blogger doctor chip said...

must hire Tony Henry for next party...

B-\

--------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home