Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Early morning

For about the last two weeks I've been waking up precisely at 3am...without an alarm clock. Bizarre. I can't get back to sleep, so I get up and go to work.

Commuting at 4am is interesting. You run into two kinds of people: drunk vampires weaving their way home after a long night of carousing, and idiots like me who are heading to work. The hard part of course is that I knock out much of what I need to do uninterrupted and straight through, so my workday is effectively done by 9am! Then what? Coffee, walk around, more coffee, walk, bug the office people upstairs, coffee. Then I take a coffee break.

By noon I'm exhausted and by 4pm I've really hit the wall. The vicious cycle continues; I go home, walk the park, and end up in bed around 8pm.

I guess with that early bedtime, it's no wonder I'm awake at 3am.

3 Comments:

At 5:37 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

I feel your pain. I get up like clockwork during the week...3:50am. I don't mind too much, because it's the only quiet I get all day. But...I'm beat by 4:00pm and it's a chore to stay awake until my 10:00pm bedtime...If I go to bed any earlier than that, I'll be up at 1:00am!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Nigel,
Walk around the park twice, and then have some lean protein (no carbs !), I bet you'll sleep through the night...

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger doctor chip said...

sounds like my kind of hours...

... vampires, eh?

B-\

---------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home