Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wiper...my ass!

This morning while driving in (before sunrise) it started raining. So I flipped on the wipers.

Wrong move.

The driver's side wiper snapped off the arm. Fortunately it didn't fly off the car--but then I was stuck. Pulled over, pitch black, raining, and without a working flashlight (I had a plug-in one but the plug got mangled so it was useless, I found out).

Ever try to re-attach car wipers in the dark in the rain? Hell, ever tried to re-attach car wipers in your garage under fluorescent lights? Who thought of the design of these things? Am I the only one who can't understand the directions? I have lots of spatial trouble; real difficulty visualizing a three-dimensional outcome from a two-dimensional instruction drawing. So that made it extra hard.

I finally managed to sort of get it back on and soaked, made my way to the home. What a way to start the day....

3 Comments:

At 1:19 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

I figured out the secret to snapping on wipers during a blizzard a couple of weeks ago. The secret is ... don't screw around with those damn safety snaps, just slide the damn things on and viola! I ignored the whole safety snap b.s. and have been driving in the never-ending ice and snow since with no trouble what-so-ever.

 
At 7:34 PM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Yes, I have tried to replace wipers under the best of circumstances; many hours wasted and much foul language spewed at myself, the car, and the wipers. I wound up back at Shucks, they employ wiper scholars.

 
At 6:05 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

Wow...That sucks! I haven't mastered wiper changing either. It sucks, and so do the people who designed the fucking things. I used to have a car with wipers so hard to change I just bought new assemblies instead of blades. Just wasn't worth my time..and it was too fucking embarrassing to take in to have them changed

 

Post a Comment

<< Home