Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My hero is Al Gore, protector of birds and weeds

I love the environment. I am really concerned about green-space and am thrilled when I see pristine, natural open spaces. Grass is good.

To that end, I only throw my cigarette butts away on the pavement.

And fossil fuels, hell, don't get me started. When I was young I though "fossil fuel" meant lunch for my 965 year old shriveled up 2nd grade teacher. But now I'm being responsible. So, I have a question for all the enviro-types out there: is it ok to chop down a tree if I'm going to make a bicycle out of it? That's right, a wooden bicycle. Think about it.

Is your head exploding processing that one?

4 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Constance said...

How are you doing today, Nigel ? How was your walk ? Hope the geese left you alone. Infantry Dad may have had that one right about them being protective during mating season, etc.
If you give up your cigarettes, the walks will be easier for you with your breathing...

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I'm not an "enviro-type", but I thought I would answer anyway. I think that you certainly could and damn well should make that wooden bicycle. What do you plan to do with the wooden bicycle?

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Pssst, I want to see pictures of your wooden bicycle during the stages starting with the erect tree.

My word verification is saying something "ekcfir", I'm not sure what , but something bout fir trees I think. ;)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

Yeah man...go for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home