Sunday, April 20, 2008

Running out of inspiration, so sorry

My blog buddy Carlos comments: "dude, put down the penis and start blogging."

Um, well, I haven't exactly been "squashing Stonehenge" lately. Trouble is, I can't really find the little bastard, what with all my rolls of belly fat and everything. Just can't conjure up the "oomph" to post. I"ve been feeling pretty down, to be honest, and that always saps whatever creative juices I've got. Seems I've been that way a lot lately. Sorry about that. But enough of that shit.

This week, I'm going to the West Coast. Vegas and L.A. -- though the L.A portion of the trip is still up in the air. I'm allegedly going there to see an old girlfriend of mine, who's an actress, as is everyone in fucking L.A. Though she's actually been on TV and in a few movies, bit part stuff. Her time has mostly come and gone. She was really beautiful when younger and I've seen her on the screen lately and while time has been very, very kind to her, she's no longer 19. Which was the age I was when I last saw her. Now I'm 50, and disgusting looking. I'd be best suited for the ugly alien extra in the back row of the latest Dr. Who episode. She won't recognize me at LAX, but she's married and the intent is for me to hang with her and her husband for a day. So, no pressure, except for dealing with the inevitable "what the hell happened to YOU" questions. I get them all the time from old acquaintances I haven't seen in years.

The Vegas part is: I have relatives coming over from Australia for a wedding. This will involve much consumption of amber fluid. So, with that in mind, I've contact Lloyd's of London about liver insurance, and they told me to buff THEIR scrotum.

Anyhow, I shall endeavor to be a bit more prolific regarding the blog. But while I'm going through my mid-life crisis, it's hard to be cynical about anything other than what appears to be my own bleak prospects. It's downhill to death from here, for your loyal Nigel.

5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

Oh jeez, Nigel. I'm already all emotive today and now you've got me emoting all over myself and that is so annoying.

I am fatter than I used to be. I blame all of the hormones used in dairy and soy and my enjoyment of food and my hatred of exercise for exercise's sake.

Whatever...

I, too, have been rather uninspired.

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Sorry, darling, didn't mean to exacerbate the problem. Good days and bad days, you know. Lately, a few more bad than good. But I'm struggling through. You too, ok?

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

I wish I was back on the west coast. I just got back from San Diego and I'm already ready for another venture out there. As for the poundage - I can relate. Since I retired from the Coast Guard, I've put on 50lbs. That's 50lbs in five years. Stunning. Like La Sirena, I have a hatred for excercise and love food!

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

Some people view eating as a competitve sport!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

We are all there in the same boat with you.
I say you may as well enjoy while you can.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home