Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Scooby Doo creator dies, rorry ro report

The Japanese guy who created Scooby Doo has "reft rhe ruilding". Now normally, Japanese people have trouble saying the letter "l" when speaking English (so, "English" becomes "Engrish"); it's funny that the main character in his most famous cartoon would make everything start with the letter "r". Must have been some kind of cultural payback, I dunno.

Other than the overly-sexualized character Daphne , who I admit gave me a boner from time to time, Scooby wasn't so memorable. However, the show was the impetus for one of the biggest dumbass trends of the 70's: dramas (and cartoons) featuring perfectly racially balanced groups of high school students who solved crimes in their spare time.

My favorite Scooby episode? The one where they're in the Mystery Machine and they end up in this creepy place where there's some kind of treasure but also "ghosts" and they all get scared but then they go hunting for clues and damned if it wasn't the nice old caretaker dressed up as a ghost after all!

Sort of like my favorite Gilligan's Island episode: the one where they almost get off the island, but Gilligan screws it up. I liked that one.

1 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

I just found out Velma's a lesbianna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home