Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Dentists can jolly well buff my scrotum

Nige, can we see your teeth? Okeydokey. And the reason why they look this way: because 23 years ago, a dentist yelled at me for not "flossing". Said my charming practitioner, Dr. Mengele: "Nigel, you've got a 4mm gap between posterior 32 and gumline--you're a goddam criminal asshole!" or something to that effect. Since then, I've had no visits to the dentist. If I wanted to get yelled at, I'd get married again. Shudder...

Dentists are a lot like stock brokers: they're always comin' up with something new to generate revenue streams out the wing-wang. It was about 1985 or so that this supposed "flossing" thing became their latest money-grubbing b.s. evil scheme, and I refuse to be a part of it. Dentists may all buff my scrotum.

Now, excuse me while I go back to gumming my lunch.

2 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger doctor chip said...

I have an excellant dentist, same one for about 30 years, now. been with him a long time. he gave me price breaks when I needed work done and I had no work myself.

not only is he a really nice guy, he's an extremely gifted dentist.

this is a true story: 2 years ago, I needed a minor root canal for an abcess in a molar. he performed the root canal by drilling the side of the tooth (no nerves), then up. then he filled it. 3 hours, multiple x-rays and wire probes to map the way.

what's the kicker here?

NO ANASTHETIC. none, zip, nada.
sure, I could sense the drilling, but it wasn't painful.

sadly, this dentist is on the verge of retirement.

then, I'll be in the same boat as you. see, this guy's in Chicago. I fly back there to see him when I need work. he's worth it.

Nige, buddy, I hope you get to find a good one.

and when he's done, he can Buff Your Scrotum.

"srlwjim"

B-D

------------

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Sounds to me like you've got a good one there. I've never had a good dentist, or doctor, or accountant, or any service anything. Hell, I can't get my goddamm pool guy to call me back--I'm trying to throw $8,000 worth of work at him and he just can't seem to "get it together".

I trust no one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home