Saturday, December 29, 2007

NY Times: "Yo, soz fo' da jamz push-up, shiggidy my weeble"

Sadness amongst all who love music everywhere: today's NY Times is reporting on the death of hip hop. Sales are way down, and would-be rap stars are now forced to come up with alternative ways to get their jamz "out there"....or make the hard choice to change careers and leave the music business altogether.

Snoop Dogg has already started his transition, what with movie and TV appearances and even children's books. Here's an illustration from his latest, "Dick and Jane Bust A Cap In Yo' Ass"



Peace out.

7 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

Does that mean I can break out my old "Disco Sucks" T-Shirts and change them to "Hip Hop Sucks"?

There really is a god!

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Carlos, you can do that with confidence!

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Happy New Year to you, Nigel :)

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Is hip hop rap?

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

The question you should be asking yourself dear Nay is: Are rap and hip hop equally fecal? ;-)

 
At 10:58 AM, Blogger doctor chip said...

I thought that "Dick and Jane Bust A Cap In Yo' Ass" was from Tarantino... ?!?!

oh, my.

B-\

-------

 
At 12:24 PM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

K, Carlos, but I can't answer that question cause I don't know if I know any hip hop music? Who is a hip hop artist? Is Snoop Dogg hip hop? I guess it doesn't really matter, I bet they closely resemble each other?

I can tell you all rap music including ring tones was banned from my house. Nephew N. knew to tell his friends to turn phones on vibrate if they had that shit as ring tones. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home