Saturday, January 12, 2008

Some things need to stay...private

This married couple I know really well defy Nigel's rule #1 which is: it's impossible to be married and happy. For some reason they've kept it together, amazing but true.

They were there, last night at the bar, both pretty drunk, and I start with my regular "marriage is bullshit" and "how in the world do you stay together?" stuff. He comes back with how he keeps her "satisfied". He credited his over-sized John Thomas...she's laughing, nodding her head, agreeing, and I'm sitting there thinking to myself "please for the love of God change the subject, change the subject, that's more info than I wanted to know." I finally steered the conversation away to something else; jeez, who the hell wanted to hear all that? Not me.

But this morning she sends me an email containing a photo she claims is from a recent beach vacation. That, plus one line of text: "He wasn't joking." Photo below. Ewwwwwwww.....

8 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

;), the picture with comment if funny

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

Hardy har har ;-)

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Carlos, I agree. I thought she was either trying to make a joke or pissed that I obviously didn't believe and/or care about what they were talking to me about. People are funny.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Good Sunday morning to you, Nigel !

So he was carrying her ?

I love hearing stories of happy marriages because it gives me hope, and if he IS satisfying her, it's emotionally as well as physically. A big dick alone isn't enough - it's how you treat someone.

Although them both being drunk... Why drink if you're so happy ? That's just the cynic in me speaking...

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Annie--this is the only "happy marriage" story I know. Sadly. My experience--not just my own, but others I know--informs my opinion.

I am less vocal about my anger in this regard; older posts on this blog are full of venom about this subject. I'm tired of thinking about it, really.

We've all had terrible relationships so I'm not unique. But I bet I'm the only guy anyone knows who's had two failed marriages but where he never lived with either of his wives as wives immediately after the "I dos" were said! That's true--no exaggeration.

This explains some of me.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

Dude, not all marriages are crappy. I know mine was. Taught me a lesson. Some folks stay together because they really do have a great relationship. Others stay together because they feel it is the right ting to do. Then there are those who stay in the marriage because they don't know what else to do or are afraid of the unknown.

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

I've been married for 36 years, yes, to the same woman.
We went out together in High School.
I don't regret a day of it.
Well maybe a day.
Or, a few days.
But I'm sure she feels the same.

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Constance said...

You got burned. no doubt about it.
Next time you date, have me talk to her first - I'll let you know with my 'chick radar' if she's a keeper or a loser. BEFORE you get used.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home