Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Last Temptation Of Nigel

One of the advantages of doing drugs on your own is: you don't have to share! Sounds self-evident, right? There's no "bogarting that joint" when you're on your back deck, smoking a blunt solo in the crystal clear cold night, staring at the stars and contemplating the meaning of it all.

So that's me: last night, outside, so cold the Statue of Liberty had her torch up her dress, man it was cold. And I'm firing up a fatty after watching Martin Scorcese's "Last Temptatation of Christ."

No need to recount the movie--if you've seen it you know, and if you haven't by now you won't. But remember how all the religiousites got their prayer shawls in a twist because of the ending, when Willem Dafoe/Jesus comes off the cross and ends up in flagrante with the lovely Barbara Hershey/Mary Magdeline? They missed the point, getting mad about this, as if the original novel's writer (and the film director Scorcese) were trying to re-write the Bible. The thing I took from it is: it's easy to be tempted and make the REALLY wrong choice. That seemed to be the central message here.

I do that all the time--wrong choices, I mean.

So there I was in the fruzzdy-woodle, on deck and enjoying Jamaica's finest, shivering, but....feeling pretty mellow too. And I thought, am I going to continue to make the wrong choices that have plagued my life? Am I going to continue to choose the easy path?

Answer: yes. Hell bloody yes. No navel-gazing for Nigel; "fuck it", I say! Onward and downward....

2 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Happy NEW Year, Lover!

blow some of that sweet smoke my way (i quote The Aristocats, i think Disney smoked pot)

You so remind me of My good ole (dead)friend Vikki (may Jesus and or God - Mary Magdalen, too Jezebel...somebody) Rest her pickled livered soul
one fine new year's eve past
we went to the cigarette shop because the new year was going to bring a jacking up (significant like) of the price of cancer sticks
she was gleeful in the fact(and her 2 cartons of Marlboro Reds) that most suckers were taking the price hike as a reason to Quit while She was gettin 'em at the good price While she still could!

I miss that girl.

Thanks for the memories, Buffy.
& the image of Lady Liberty w/a fire under her ass.
:0]

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger Deech said...

Nigel,

Its amazing to me how most people got offended at that movie. I simply don't understand it. As far as your resolutions are concerned...the important part is that you are happy! Here is hoping that you have a happy and prosperous new year!

Flyinfox_SATX

 

Post a Comment

<< Home