Saturday, February 09, 2008

Insect sex

Fact: the male praying mantis cannot copulate while its head is attached to its body. The female initiates sex by ripping the male's head off. At left, mantis meal and mating occurring before our very eyes. Charming.

Quote: “Ah, yes, divorce ... from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet.” --Robin Williams

Sitting on the deck in the sun this morning, I'm feeling particularly charitable as I muse over the state of male/female relationships. Having long ago given up on hooking up, I'm provided with unique perspective on this interesting topic, to wit: it ain't worth it. As I sip from my ice cold can of PBR (it's 11:30am here but in Europe it's happy hour, goddammit, so someone's drinking at an appropriate time and I don't want them to feel left out), I thank the Lord above for my quiet, empty home while cursing my quiet, empty bank account, bereft of bucks, bucko, 'cause of them thar pesky alimony payments. I'm not bitter or anything, see.

Mmmmm, the PBR tastes gooooooooooooooooooooood.

So, how's YOUR Saturday going?

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Does this make the female mantis a necrophiliac in combination with the sexual cannibalism?

Happy Saturday to you!!!

 
At 9:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad your "fact" is completely wrong.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home