Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ain't it great...to lose some weight?

Don't be hatin'
I'm losin' weightin'
Yo yo word to yo fat mama

Ok, ok, I can't write hip hop lyrics. I was trying for something that you could jam on to the tune of my favorite Lupe Fiasco song, "Where Be All The White Womens?" I admit my attempt here blows dead hippos, but the message comes through, eyah? See, I am becoming a shadow of my former self as I am losing weight faster than you can say "He must have a tapeworm!"

This is my latest attempt at self improvement. Oh, I've tried all the others: Eckankar, running in place while cutting what's left of my hair with my Flobee, watching Dr. Phil. I even once took in laundry for a family of Scientologists. But, to no avail. My new way is pretty simple and here it is:
  1. I'm barely eating;
  2. I started smoking again.
And it's working.

My fatboy jeans are now getting, dare I say...looser. And, stop the presses: I haven't seen Little Percy, the wife's best friend, in at least two years, and this morning in the shower I looked down, and (*sob*)...there he was!

Now, I imagine I'd do a lot better with this weight thing if I cut back on the 8--10 Guinnesses a day. But some things, hey, that's just asking too much. Buff my scrotum if you don't agree.

8 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Saleh Al Dwairan said...

This is the funny business, yes? Am you making the joke I think. If so, it is much successful and I am of enjoyment.

Please to visit me at my blog, Yasser Arafats Underpants, to exchange the good wishes. Hoping, though, that you are not a Zionist.

Salaam.

 
At 12:23 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

I am hoping you are not a Zionist too.

Glad you're back and able to watch yourself exchange the good wishes with Nigel Minor, as well.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Woo hoo Nigel!!!!

I'm going to offer some advice that I have difficulty with too be here it goes: I hear tale you are better off eating five small meals a day for weight loss.

There it is, I do better barely eating as well and never "shubbie" (sp?) would I tell some one to stop with the beer, I LOVE BEER

Does "it" have a name?

You are sounding better already, and I'm dead serious, when you are back in Orlando area (I live in Daytona area) I want to meet!!!

I think you have great wit!!!! And sound like an interesting guy. Hell, you use to be a DJ and work for a mortuary that I know of you just from reading the past 4-5 months so there my friend, In my best Stuart Smalley voice "Gosh darnit I like you!!! ;)

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

You inspire me!

i'm gonna go out and buy a pack - shed some of this EXcess
proof of one too many tortillas
- then who knows, maybe next time i'm in the shower i'll be lookin down at my Own best friend!

:0]

 
At 5:13 AM, Blogger none said...

When you say 'There he was' I hope you don't mean he just dropped off!! That would be the icing on the cake wouldn't it.

Superglue is good for sticking skin on though - and I'm sure you have access to chemicals to stop it getting all rotten . . . .

Glad to see you're back mate.

f.b.i.t.c.

 
At 5:42 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

God...I was commenting to my friend the other day how good a cigarette sounded as I watched someone walk by smoking one. I put on about 20lbs after quitting 2.5yrs ago.

Dead hippos? ;-)

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the Little Percy sighting! I'm sure he missed you too.

Bunny

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger doctor chip said...

sounds like you're doing better than me, old chum.


hey, I love the Guiness Stout. when I'm on, I do about 3 to 6 a night. generally, though, I avoid it. goddamn, though, GODSPEED to you. most sincerely, my friend. whatever you do, let me know. I'm still strugglin; myself...

yup.

B-)

----------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home