Saturday, April 26, 2008

Getting married? Wear your helmet!

"You're not going to get married wearing your helmets, are you?"
  • A line from the edited-out Star Wars marriage scene between Luke and Princess Leah?
  • Something overheard at the super-secret "I've got your balls" gay NFL players club?
None of the above. See, I about peed my pants laughing when my Australian cousin, the mother of the groom getting married in Vegas today, challenged him with that line last night while sitting in the hotel bar. Out of context, I found it hysterical. In context, it makes sense: the loving couple are tying the knot whilst astride 700 pounds of noisy Harley Davidson.

It's a biker's drive through wedding, today, 3pm Pacific time, just off the Vegas strip. The small gaggle of guests from all parts of the world (the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, South Africa) will stand inside a circle while the motorcycle curves around us and stops at a drive through window. Vows exchanged, helmets put back on, and off they roar into a lifetime of wedded bliss.

At least I hope so.

But for the rest of my life, I'll laugh thinking about how weird that line must've sounded to the people sitting next to us at the bar. We got some funny looks. "You're not going to get married wearing your helmets, are you?" Priceless.

4 Comments:

At 3:47 AM, Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

That's one I haven't seen, but would have liked to.

 
At 8:09 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Tis funny. Could make for a great MasterCard commercial. ;)

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Deech said...

The only thing that would make it complete would be if Elvis married them and he was wearing his black leather....

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger doctor chip said...

that IS pretty good!

my own ersonal favorite was when I told my brother (an Air Traffic Controller, mind you) I was goin' to get laid, and he asked me if I had a Cape for my little "Crusader"...

ROTFLMAO!

heh!

B-)

---------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home