Friday, June 06, 2008

Orlando, after the week from hell

Jeez, what a week.

Personal crapola reared its ugly head again; I'm sick of letting this get to me and am determined to avoid all personal crapola in the future. I managed to not have anything like this happen to me for 12 years (no dating, no going out, no quickies, no hookers, no NOTHING), and you know what? You get used to it, and eventually it's not so bad. I got to the point where I shrugged my shoulders at the whole bloody mess, writing off ever again having a woman around me who cared for me and vice versa. But then like the dummy I am, opened myself up one last time. Never, never, ever again. DONE.

Whoever said that it was better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all was a complete dipshit/idiot/slagheap/douchenozzle. All the bad things in my life, every single goddamm one of them, have been caused by me getting involved with a woman. Truly now, I'm working really hard to not end up being the spokesman for Misogynists Anonymous, but at the same time, hell, what's an ugly 50 year old guy to think?

You may well wonder what the photo of the mosquito has to do with any of this. Two reasons. There's the bloodsucking nature of my charming experiences as described above--then, also, I'm back in beautiful Orlando. Located in temperate Orange County, which up till 1845 was named "Mosquito County", Orlando is a swampy steaming mess. So the photo kills two birds with one stone, the way I see it.

I have presentations to do at a convention. I will not be visiting theme parks. I will be going to a gentleman's club or two (see? No misogyny there!).

I will be back mid-next week, full of vim, vigor, and vodka. Not necessarily in that order.

5 Comments:

At 8:27 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

Ah yes. Nothing like the steamy south, strippers, and vodka to cure what ails ya.

I'm sipping a glass of Tito's Handmade Vodka (made in Austin) right now, trying to decide who's more pathetic - me or you ;-)

Thanks for the kind words over on my blog my brother. Chin up.

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Twit said...

Cheers!


]>»~ ~ ~ ~vigor

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I hope your surviving Orlando? ;)

 
At 3:41 PM, Blogger Deech said...

Dude...definitely cheer up. All will be better. I should have warned you to bring the bug zapper down with you.

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

flyinfox, What is the bug zapper and does it really work? And if it works I'm assuming this is something portable? I'm getting bit alive and need a bug zapper, please enlighten me what it is and where I can get it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home