Monday, December 15, 2008

Rinse. Repeat. Repeat. Repeat....

It's come to my attention that I am one repetitive bastard. I repeat myself. I say the same stuff over and over. This was helpfully pointed out to me by a friend who told me: "Nigel, you're one repetitive bastard. You repeat yourself. You say the same stuff over and over."

I want to stop this. Stop it, I say! What would help is if I also could stop being predictable, using the same catch phrases. Catch phrases like:
  • "I liiiiikke it!"
  • "I don't want to sound weird or anything..."
  • "I knoooooooooooow."
  • "Irrespective of that..."
  • "back and forth, back and forth"
  • "Supposedly..."
  • "Allegedly..."
There are plenty more. In non-polite company, I tend to say these things a lot:
  • "I don't give a hairy rats ass."
  • "Flaming fairy-floss fisting fuckwad."
  • "Oily heap of shit."
  • "Bite the flaming pole of manhood."
  • "....magnolia candy-ass fetus eater...."
....and the always pleasant: "Eat a warm, slurpy bowl of fuck."

I'm working on breaking the habit. What phrases do YOU say a lot, without realizing you're yammering on? Comment away, shlubbies!

1 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger La Sirena said...

People get really irritated and scandalized and offended when I say, "Christ on a crutch!" So of course, that just makes me say it more.

Also, as you know, I am very fond of the phrase "pansy chicken-shit" because unfortunately, the world is overrun with pansy chicken-shits.

On a more positive note, I like to say "cool" . You have to say it clipped, monotone and monosyllabic or else you sound like a nimrod or a blagorod. (I'm trying to make blagorod a thing. What do you think?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home