Thursday, August 09, 2007

Michigan Sucks...

Just wanted all you Michiganites to know, in advance, that I won't be your most favorite person over the next few posts.

OK?

Good. Here we go: now, just how retarded are you? What, the fact that the US auto business is imploding hasn't registered yet? Apparently not: day after day comes stories in the goddamm Lansing State Journal, beacon of journalism that it is, about how you know, Toyota and Honda and Nissan and Mazda suck and are evil, and how great GM and Ford and Chrysler really are, but hey, they're just so bwaaah bwaaah misunderstood.

Talk about living in the past.

I drive Japanese cars, because they've been near totally reliable (except this last one, which got messed up once it was rebuilt after I hit a deer 2000 miles into ownership...since then, it's been squirrely...). That aside, I've owned 4 "Big 3" brand cars over the years and not a single one was worth a crap. Saturn, Jeep, Oldsmobile, Pontiac. In each case, right off the lot, problems started--impossible to fix rattles and squeeks, failing systems, breakdowns for no reason. And don't get me started on dealership "service".

I'll never buy a GM Chrysler Ford product ever again, based on my experience with them. Sorry, Michigan.

6 Comments:

At 7:39 AM, Blogger Deech said...

And here comes the 18K Smart Car! Don't worry Nigel, its only a matter of time. Its only a matter of time....

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger doctor chip said...

the Big 3 are a classic example of American know-how and work ethic continually deteriorating to a useless pile of compost.

I have a friend who's been a certified GM mechanic for nearly 30 years, and his Dad was, before him. you wanna know why Chevy took the good old 327 out of production?

Mr. Goodwrench, there, told me it's because it was probably the best block ever designed and manufactured in Detroit. more to the point, it was too reliable. the damned things about never broke down, so Chevy takes a hit in replacement parts that were manufactured, but mostly never sold.

what a batch of fucks.

"fogax"

B-\

------

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger Blue Sky Hunter said...

After owning a few American money pits, I now drive Toyota and love it. I'd like to drive American, but I'm a sucker for good gas mileage and a car that seems to run forever.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Molly said...

I drive an Acura with almost 250,000 miles now, and it shows no signs of stopping yet!

I do have to give props to a
Ford Festiva that has 300,000 miles though...and I can start it with my finger nail!

There is a pic of it on my blog a few posts ago...

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

If you don't like Michigan, don't bother trying Masswholechussettes.
It brings suck to a whole new level of suckdom.

WARNING SUBLIMINAL MESSAGE BELOW!!

skcuspihcrd

goTa RuN

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Blue Sky Hunter said...

I love Acuras. Was looking for one when I settled on the Corolla I just bought. I was in a bidding war with some punk over a '92 Legend. The little punk one. Fucking rich kids.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home