Saturday, August 04, 2007

Vacation for a week--no posts till later

I'm off to do dangerous things in exotic places. Like, say, trying to find good food in Michigan. For that you need a license, compass, and tetanus shots. But I'll give it my best.

By the by -- for the Federal investigation of this Minneapolis business, they really should call on the one government official who's a real expert about driving and bridges. Ted Kennedy. Just thought that he could add a little something to the effort. Reports have it that it was the Senator who recommended the police wait at least 12 hours before going into the water and trying to recover anyone from submerged cars. Again, he's had experience in this regard; it apparently worked out well for him 28 years ago.

Back in a week. God knows I'll miss you. Try to keep it together....I'm crying as I'm typing.

*Sob*

4 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Deech said...

Nigel,

Have a great one dude! Get some good R&R. You will be missed. As for Ted Kennedy...he might as well be Taliban!

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Twit said...

laugh it up, fuzzball..

¦:¬)

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Oh don't be sad Schmeggumz
i'll sing you a lil lullaby

I was born in Michigan
& I wish and wish again
That I was back
in the town where I was born
:0]
I miss the rooster,
the one that use ter
wake me up at 4am

I think you're great big city
is very pretty,
Nevertheless I want to be
there
I want to see
there
A certain someone full of charm
That's why I wish again
that I was back in Michigan
down on the farm


THat's Judy Garland missing the cock in Easter Parade...and did she really think Fred Astaire was gonna give it to her - the other guy (Peter Lawford) was WAY better and a pariente of Ole Teddy's wasn't he...it's all about the show bidness, isn't it? I get politics all confused up in there....

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

You know how some people, when confronted with a problem, will respond with "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it"...?

The Senator says: "We'll drive off that bridge when we come to it"....!!

Thank you, thank you, I'm here all week. Don't forget to tip your waiters and waitresses. Try the veal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home