Friday, February 01, 2008

Annoyed by geeks in Orlando

I got out of Orlando by the skin of my teeth.

That's how I felt, btw--that I had skin on my teeth. I caught the most massive head cold, so throughout my meetings I was wheezing and spewing and sneezing and coughing. I did my best to keep away from people, even going so far as to set up one of my meetings via WEB EX, for God's sake, despite the fact that I was just in the next room!

Aren't I thoughtful?

This explains why there were only limited posts during the trip. Anyhow, I felt a bit better on the plane home. Loving Annie smartly suggests using seatguru.com , which I do all the time to select plane seats, and I found myself heading northwards in Delta's 767-300's best seat in the house, 26F. The reason I like this seat is, no annoying douchenozzles next to you asking you questions and talking up a storm.

All was not sweetness and light, unfortunately. The normal advantages of 26F were trumped by the geek-athon that was occurring in seats 25F and 25G, directly in front of me. Two guys who looked like the dorkage pictured at left engaged in a non-stop, loud, screeching argument from takeoff to touchdown. The subject? The efficacy of object oriented programming in a Linux environment. Or something like that.

Apparently not content that Delta wasn't showing Firefly on endless loop on the in-seat video player, these George Lucas worshiping, living in their mother's basement Star Trek groupie noids completely spoiled my flight, and I say to them here and now on the morning of my 50th birthday: Shut up. Buff my scrotum. Or, as you geeks would say it: "100010111010001001110 10000 110001001001000111111."

11 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y!!!!

At least your home and not celebrating you 50th in nasty ol' Orlando ;)

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Miladysa said...

Happy Birthday Nigel!

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger La Sirena said...

Happy Birthday, dear Nigel St. John Regina Smegmatica Howle - Raines!!!

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Constance said...

Hehe-heh. Snicker. Irrevelent in spades, as usual !

Seat Guru IS a blessing though usually...
I can't believe they fought the whole flight - and about THAT.

Happy Birthday, Nigel you rascal ! Hope your cold is getting better.

Twelve b-day wishes for you already this morning over at my place, and four for you here - and the day is still young - whoo-hoo !

:) Loving Annie :)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Deech said...

Happy B-Day Bro!

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger The Thinking Man's Babe said...

Happy Birthday Nigel - great blog...many thanks to Loving Annie for sending me here!!!

 
At 9:07 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

Happy Belated halfa century Buffy!


:0]

 
At 12:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just buff it.
























yup.

B-O

------

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160715
authentic louis vuitton handbags
michael kors outlet
nike sb shoes
christian louboutin outlet
coach outlet
rolex watches
mont blanc pens
nike air max
michael kors outlet
gucci outlet
louis vuitton outlet
kevin durant shoes 7
coach factory outlet
coach outlet store online clearances
nike free runs
adidas superstars
timberland boots
replica watches
cheap oakley sunglasses
adidas nmd
louis vuitton
nike roshe run
christian louboutin outlet
michael kors outlet clearance
jordan 3 white cenment
coach factory outlet
air jordan pas cher
jordan shoes
louis vuitton outlet
air jordans
longchamp bags
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
tod's shoes
celine outlet
cheap ray ban sunglasses
lebron james shoes 13
oakley sunglasses
toms outlet
air jordan 8
as

 

Post a Comment

<< Home