Friday, January 25, 2008

One week to 50 years

"At 50, everyone has the face they deserve"-- George Orwell.

Thanks a pantload, George. Next Friday 2/1 is the day for me and while I'm not in any way distressed about turning 50, I am distressed when I look in the mirror. The person staring back at me is in no way what I imagined he'd be like at this age. Shit happens!

For an "older woman" to be interested in me now, she'd need to be about 73. Sophia Loren at 73? Sure (photo at left taken just last year--great googly moogly)! Nancy Pelosi, yupper (at right). Even....Bea Arthur. But I draw the line there because I do have at least some standards.

We live in changing times. There's all kinds of hoo-hah nonsense out there about "old doesn't mean old" anymore, promulgated mostly by those commies at AARP. They say that "50 is what 40 used to be". Great. If that's the case, then what I have to look forward to is another 10 years of celibacy.

And you shlubbies wonder why I drink.

4 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Infantry Dad said...

Did I ever say I wondered why you drink?
Cause I don't remember ever wondering why.

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Carlos said...

I look in the mirror and see the same immature, cynical, sarcastic bastard I saw when I was 20. A few lbs heavier, but the same dude.

 
At 5:56 PM, Blogger changapeluda said...

you wanna know what i was thinkin about in the shower the other day, Lickety Split cleaning service
Indeedy!

I was thinking about you going across the country on a plane to use up your miles & flying into Santa Maria where we would do a lil somethin clandestine at the Airport Hilton....or just meet for a a good stiff drink.
I had the showerhead on hot & massage, too!

it felt
Really good.

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Hi Nigel,
Goerge Orwell has a point only in that your experience shows...
If you've been a partyer - you are busted...
If you are nice or mean, your face gives it away where it didn't at 20...

50... yeah. Looking great at that age takes serious maintenance (translate money and time)... Work, work, work... And yeah, even so, it doesn't guarantee getting uhmmm, 'some' by someone you love... But it helps stack the odds :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home