Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back to work, calling in sick

Back to work after the observances of yesterday, including numerous televised re-runs of the "I Have A Dream" speech. I myself celebrated MLK Day by having a dream. It involved this long-legged red-headed German girl I know wearing a mini-skirt while holding a bowl of Reddi-Whip in one hand and a pair of pliers in the other.....but I digress.

Anyway, regarding work -- here are three of the best creative excuses used for calling in sick courtesy of Careerbuilder.com:
  • While at a circus, a tiger urinated on the employee's ear, causing an ear infection;
  • An employee's dog wasn't feeling well, so the employee tasted the dog's food and then got sick.....and;
  • "Someone put LSD in my salad."
I've never called in faked out, believe it or not. You?

6 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger Deech said...

In my line of work there is no sick. One is in the server room freezing one's ass off, fever or no.

Creative excuses though....

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

My girlfriend and I use to call in every Saturday, unsuccessfully. Our boss Doug empathized with our plight, however, he sent a cab for us and gave us drink tickets to soothe the pain of the loss of our home, broken down car and run away dog, and that all happened on just one Saturday.

I personally believe he looked forward to Saturdays to hear what our excuse was gonna be. ;)

One time my power was out and my garage door of course wouldn't open, I panicked and called to work and told my boss I might be late and what my dilemma was. I ran across the street to see if my neighbor could help. I forgot all about the red release string. I got to work in time. The very next day my pig face coworker called in with the exact same excuse and was several hours late, she wasn't very creative as she continuously would call in with the same excuse as other employees.

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

LSD in the salad ... nice. Here's one I heard yesterday for leaving early:

"My wife got called in to work early and had to put the dogs in their kennel becuause they'd dig into the neighbor's yard; so I need to leave an hour early so they don't have to be cooped up in that little kennel for an hour longer than they would if I got off at four."

I like the sound of your dream, but you need to 'splain the pliers.

 
At 5:57 AM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Carlos--what can I say--it was a dream! Who knows the significance of the tools associated here? Not me!

 
At 5:36 PM, Blogger Constance said...

Pliers ??? What the heck was she going to do with the pliers ??? I don't want to know, on second thought. Protect your jewels, hon...

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger doctor chip said...

I called in sick once.

it was when I put LSD in my OWN salad.

yup.

"~^4#fg(_~~"

:-|

------------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home