Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dalai Lama to resign? Wait, what?

I see where the Dalai Lama is pissed off about this latest China-Tibet contretemps. Buddhist monks are going...well...apeshit...and there's all kinds of alleged this and alleged that going on in the capital city of Lhasa.

So Tenzin (that's the Dalai Lama's real first name) is now threatening to resign. I don't get it. Resign...from what? Being a holy guy? Isn't his position sort of like being the Emperor--you're born into it; it's not something you can renounce?

Can the Pope resign? I thought he had to die to get out of wearing the robes and the scepters? I know he's elected to fill the shoes of St. Peter, but can he take those shoes back to Bloomingdales for a full refund? Confused, I am. At left, Pope Benedict (who's German by birth) performing the ancient liturgical "Blessing of the Beer and Pretzels".

3 Comments:

At 1:50 PM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

I'm confused too.

I'll just go back to finding the Pope in the Pizza, not much to ponder or be confused about with that.

Wait, I thought the Dalai Lama was to be all Zen like and not get pissed off? Isn't that the Buddhist way? I'm not very big on the various religions??? Maybe I ought to go read what has pissed Mr. Lama off.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Deech said...

Resign? That's wishful thinking.

Flyinfox_SATX

 
At 12:35 AM, Blogger We sing we dance we steal things said...

I can think of a few people that would want his job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home