Thursday, August 14, 2008

Michael Costa, potty mouth. I love it.

Why we can't have politicians like this here in the US is a mystery to me.

Consider the case of one Michael Costa (right), who's the treasurer of the state of New South Wales (NSW), in Australia. This, by the way, is the home of the city of Sydney, and by far the most populous state in Australia.

At a recent meeting with union officials, Costa said the following--in public, and on the record:"You blokes can get fucked. You're going to look like dickheads on Monday morning."

A few weeks later, after the Labor MP Geoff Corrigan told a caucus meeting how unpopular the NSW Government was, he received a call from Mr Costa, who told him: "I just want to tell you that you're fucked, you're totally and utterly fucked."

Costa continues the proud and honorable tradition of Australian potty mouth politicians, including Prime Ministers. Could you imagine John McCain or Barack Obama saying this kind of stuff on the record--let alone, not denying it when it went public?

4 Comments:

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Constance said...

I love people who say it like it is.

That's what was so cool about Jesse Ventura...

And, dearest ? your ex-wife is paying me far too much to torment you, for me to stop posting my mouth-watering recipes :)

Suffer, precious.
Just don't inhale as it comes out of the oven or off the stove:)

(lol)

Have a good Thursday, N !

 
At 4:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nigel! your nuts, baby!! absolutly ka-razy! haha!

Your blog is quite a good time with alot to try and digest. :)

Thank you for coming to visit me!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Karen said...

heh :) yeah, they can be pretty nasty, those Sydneysiders...

that's actually pretty funny though. I think I'd like our guys a lot better if they were so...human !

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

Lewis Black has a great demeanor for politics.

A well-placed expletive can work wonders in so many situations.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home