Friday, August 15, 2008

Photos, of me

I'm always amazed when I visit blogs that contain a lot of current photographs.

Me being both agoraphobic and humanaphobic, well, there's not many chances to capture la visage du Nigel via the Instamatic. I think the last photo of me, taken voluntarily and by someone other than me, was perhaps 1996. And I believe the lens cracked then, too.

One of the advantages of being totally alone, as I am now, is there's no visual record of one's increased, slow but sure slide into decrepitivity. There's a photo of me, taken back in my radio days, backstage, 1988, arm-in-arm with Elton John (if I could find it I'd post it, seriously), where I actually look...attractive. As in, women might perhaps maybe look at and go, "hell, if he paid me money, or maybe bought me a Porsche, I might give him 25 seconds of heaven." But since then, it's been downhill for your favorite misanthrope.

Actually, I lie. There's a photo I just found of your Nigel getting ready to introduce the Beach Boys on stage back in 1999. Since then though, there ain't shit. Photo at right. I look WAY worse now, no surprise, eh shlubbies? Balder, fatter, grayer, uglier, with pustules and nastiness on full display. Plus, one of my eyes looks this way while the other looks that way. Sorta like Sammy Davis, Jr.

8 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Blogger Constance said...

At firdst glance, we are all superficial, visual creatures. Now that I've gotten to know you, if we were to meet in person, you'd look nice to me because my experience of you is as a good person. Nastiness probably wouldn't be included in how I'd describe you to someone I knew if they asked about you after we met... You are either very hard on yourself, Nigel, or viciously truthful... Either way, ease up just a bit - everyone has SOMETHING about their looks that is good, even if it is just that they are clean and neat and dress nicely. A smile improves everyone's appearance when it is a genuine one - on that nauseatingly saccharine note, I shall bid you adeiu for the day :)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Margaret said...

Are you sure you aren't looking in the mirror with your back faced to it? Nigel must be handsome!!

You just don't want some crazy online chick to start stalking your ass. Yeppers! That's it!!

 
At 5:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, i agree with margaret! you just don't want some crazy chick like me stalkin' ya!! haha!!

why, i do declare, mr. nigel. that is a very nice photo of you! so quit your bitchin!! :)

Nigel prolly really looks like David Beckham and is really pulling all our legs, ain't ya, Nigel? admit it!! :)

You have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 5:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nigel! i love the post on Donna Smith! oh, what a great post!

yeah, i'm stalking, but don't worry! i am harmless!

ok, back to peruse the files....i'll let ya know when i find another one i like.......:)

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

All you women, I love, really. Where the hell were you when I was out there, handling stuff? Now I'm mostly Captain Recluse...true enough! But that's what feeds my fun and unique perspective on life.

Oh, and Katie, you're an extra special sweetheart. Donna is/was the most amazingly wonderful woman, and I totally blew it. Totally. I'll never, ever forgive myself for being a fool...and for treating her badly. She deserved and still deserves so much better than me.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Karen said...

wow...very nice pic, me likey ! You look so...happy :)

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger changapeluda said...

so i always knew you weren't a dog but what i wanna know is does your thinger get back comments?....you know from your sad little groupies that have been with you before you became a god with hot chicks all stalkin' you & shit?

;0]

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger chenlina said...

chenlina20160715
air jordan 13
coach outlet clearance
ray ban sunglasses discount
kd 8 shoes
beats by dr dre
louis vuitton outlet
oakley sunglasses
celine bags
jordan 8
nike outlet store
louis vuitton outlet online
cheap oakley sunglasses
louis vuitton outlet
longchamp handbags
rolex submariner
louis vuitton handbags
insanity workout
cheap jordans
louis vuitton
kate spade
michael kors handbags
oakley sunglasses
jordan retro 11
adidas originals
oakley vault
ray ban sunglasses
adidas shoes
adidas superstar
nike sb
adidas yeezy
coach outlet store online
michael kors outlet
kate spade outlet
coach outlet store online
true religion sale
pandora outlet
jordan 13
adidas shoes
nike air max
coach outlet
as

 

Post a Comment

<< Home