Friday, December 07, 2007

My last legal post, ever. I promise!

My sister in-law is a court stenographer, and she sent me an email circulating among her colleagues detailing actual, word-for-word questions and answers from courtroom testimony. Here are my absolute top three:

Coming in at #3:
ATTORNEY: Doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in his sleep, he doesn't know about it til the next morning?
WITNESS: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

At #2:
ATTORNEY: All of your responses MUST be oral. OK? Now, what school did you go to?
WITNESS: Oral.

And at #1, the greatest attorney-witness exchange in history:
ATTORNEY: Are you sexually active?
WITNESS: No, I just lie there.

4 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger reneegrrrrrrrr said...

Those are funny.

I also love reading the insurance responses.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger La Sirena said...

That's an oldie-but-a-goodie.

 
At 1:18 AM, Blogger Pavel Chekov said...

Loved the third one. Hilarious.

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger Carlos said...

I always laugh at that email when it comes around, and hope they're real.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home