Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Fasting, today

I got all spiritual after yesterday's post regarding the nun beauty pageant and the monk bodybuilding contest...so today, in honor of that soul-washed feeling, I'm gonna on purpose deprive myself of that which I would not normally deprive myself were I not depriving myself out of sheer deprivation.

See, I am fasting today.

And it's not even Ramadan yet!

That's right, fasting: the empty plate club. Nothing, nada, zippo. Except maybe some pomegranate juice (it's good for the prostate, see). I anticipate heightened sense of senses as a result of the lack of stimulation. I anticipate, in truth, some frustration as a result of my fast. I have to steel myself for the inevitable urges, but I have will power and will avoid the kitchen, for sure. It'll be hard, but I'll rise to the occasion and ultimately I believe I will prevail.

Wish me luck, shlubbies.

5 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Karen said...

LOL - well, I guess Annie and I better lay off the food posts :)

I am not a fan of fasts in general, but if you must - take care, don't make yourself sick, stay hydrated...all that stuff. And check in tomorrow so we know you didn't expire :)

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

make sure you check back in tomorrow to see if anything came out of this fast. i wish you the best of luck but i am not thinking you will be able to stay outtah the kitchen. too many tantalizing things in the kitchen, too many yummy things to eat! oh, look at me, i swear i am not trying to make things harder for you, Nigel!

Have a goood day!!

 
At 7:28 AM, Blogger Nigel St.John Regina Smegmatica Howle-Raines said...

Aoide--I don't plan on dying today from anything other than, say, sheer frustration!

Katie--well, truth is, you ARE making things harder; it's not helping, my dear. You have no faith in me, what? But I have the willpower and will indeed stay outta the kitchen, I promise!

 
At 8:44 AM, Blogger none said...

Try some green tea as well it seems to help with fasting.

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Constance said...

I'd last until lunchtime and then I'd Have TO EAT !!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home