Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I see into the past....

I see where the Vatican has "forgiven" John Lennon for his "we're more popular than Jesus" comment, circa 1966; they've also written a review of the 1968 White Album that praises its merits. This review happened yesterday!

Nice, but a bit late, maybe? Most album reviews occur relatively soon post-release, but this one is 40 years late. Talk about having the luxury of time to "get it right"! Herewith, your Nigel's reviews of a variety of shit from ages ago. And I know I'm right, in addition to smart and good looking, just like my younger brother:

Casablanca: a nice little movie full of actors who do a decent job with the thespian walking and talking and moving about. In general, it's a keeper, and one I'd recommend. This guy Bogart has a future, so long as he doesn't kick off from esophageal cancer sometime in 1957. 5 of 5 "Buff My Scrotum" stars.

The Mary Tyler Moore Show: Mary plays Mary, and she's pretty good, as is the actor who plays her boss, someone name of "Lou Grant". And this Rhoda woman, well, hell, I'm all there, despite the silly headgear wrapping thing she tends to wear. Only downside: set in Minneapolis, which is shit for shinola as a place you'd want to be, especially come winter. A good bet for many Emmys, but they'll be frozen. It's Minne-fucking-sota after all...

The Vietnam War: will play well in the Midwest. My guess as to casualties: 58,159 U.S soldiers killed. I think I'll be right and exact with this casualty count,l though I reserve the right to double check with the Vatican 40 years after all is said and done.

The Clinton Administration: a boon for dry cleaners everywhere, what with the dress stains and all. President Clinton has shitty taste in women. What's with his wife and her pipe-fitter ankles? And this Paula Jones woman? And Monica Lewinsky (at left)? Seriously, if I'm the charismatic leader of the free world and could choose among many possible sex partners, I'd start with someone, um, good looking. Wouldn't you? He'll go down in flames, trust me.

Barack Obama: what the fuck? Seems like a nice guy and all, but people from Illinois wanna elect him State Senator? Are they on drugs or something?

There you have it, shlubbies: the Nigel crystal ball! And I know I'm right!

3 Comments:

At 6:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

President Clinton is a very bad boy, no? Not that I like that type or nothing.....noooooo, I like no such thing!!

Have a fabulous Tuesday! :)

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Constance said...

ha-ha, I luuuuvs you, Nigel :)

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Deech said...

Could that Crystal Ball of yours look into the future and let me know when I will win the lottery? God I do need this foresight!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home